Well I decided that I REALLY wanted to run Vista after all, so, since my old system had a problem with the video cards (they were only PCI) I decided to build a new system that WOULD be able to kick Vistas butt.
I think this one certainly qualifies. As you can see form the photo bellow, the heat sink on the darn CPU is the biggest I have ever seen.
- iStarUSA S-10000 ATX Full-Tower Server Case
- Crucial Ballistix Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz EPP
- Intel Pentium D 945 Processor HH80553PG0964MN - 3.40GHz, 4MB Cache, 800MHz FSB, Presler, Dual-Core
- EVGA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard - T1 Version, NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express, SLI, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0 & Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID
- 2 - EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Video Cards - 512MB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card
- Thermaltake CPU Cooler / Big Typhoon VX / 4 in 1 / 6 Heatpipes / 120mm Fan
- Ultra X3 ULT40064 1000-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, Modular
Damn! This thing is FAST! and runs Vista like a champ. The modular Power Supply is cooooooollll. No wires in the case but the ones you need. Rocks sweeeet!
So, now thew question is what do I do with my old system? A dual, dual core with Hyper-threading XEON 3Gig system.
I can't let the secret out right now but around the end of the month I might spill it... I do have plans for it though...